Thursday, November 3, 2011

Barn Move

Yesterday I moved Ava to a new barn, for (hopefully) the last time in a long time. I have to say... I'm not sure how many of you have attempted to move a horse who's dinner had been delayed for 3 hours, but that was not fun. She was massively cranky. However, she loaded up well. And in fact, stepped out of the trailer beautifully without the ramp attached. That was a nice bonus. After settling Ava in, I hung around the barn. I was impressed with how many people were there. And from talking to another boarder I learned that nearly every horse boarded there gets ridden consistently throughout the week. I was also excited to learn that a few of the boarders are interested in dressage and showed at the local dressage shows this year. Also, the barn includes several amenities that will be very helpful to a person who works long hours. Not only do they fly spray in the summer, but they'll put on/off fly masks, fly sheets, etc. They blanket and unblanket, will apply ointments, give medicine, wrap/unwrap legs if bandages need changing, etc. Mostly, I'm just geeked that other people ride! I can now go to the barn, ride, and not worry about what will happen after I fall off (I'm deathly afraid I'll fall off and no one will find me til morning chores).

No comments:

Post a Comment