Friday, September 16, 2011

The Trailer Problem, Again

After our astounding success with Ava loading in the trailer like a pro one time, and backing out of it with no issues, Ava utterly REFUSED to step foot in it again. She would however, jauntily walk into J's trailer (with center divider up and front doors shut, without a second thought. In fact she WANTED in J's trailer. The ignominy of it!! J's husband offered to sell us his wife's trailer ('though I don't think she knew about it) for pennies on the dollar. I don't think he enjoys his wife's passion. ;) My fantastic hubby, brilliant man, built a ramp out of aluminum and matting that fits on the end of our trailer. So last night we pop it on the trailer and ask Ava to load up. She balked at first when the ramp made noises, and after several minutes of giving it the hair eye-ball she walked on in. I was ecstatic!! I was also convinced it was a one time deal. Heck, she'd already gone in once without it and then balked. Why not this time too? Anyway, I backed her out and asked her to load up again. And my God, she did!! Tried it again... Even easier!! Yay! Finally, we are free! No longer bound to one place! I'm so happy. I'm a little disturbed that she won't just step into the trailer without a ramp, but she has to move in less than 2 weeks, so I'll have to work on that problem a little later. So, Yay!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Just keep working on it. She'll eventually figure it out. Once she gets comfortable loading, you'll be able to get her in any trailer.

    ReplyDelete